Monday, August 27, 2012

Minimal

I'm trying to achieve the goal of having everything I own fit into my little car. I'm learning that most of my material things aren't important. I'm also learning that I really don't need furniture or even a bed, these are just creature comforts.

 I'm so sick of having so much stuff that I hardly use, want or most important, need. I've donated/sold most of my closet and nick nacks. I really detest being surrounded by nick nacks, sounds strange, but I feel smothered when I have a lot of things.

 However, I won't give up a few family things that are important to me, such as my Grandma's jewelry that I inherited. I think certain things are alright to keep as long as they mean something. I've come to realize that I'm a picture person, photographs are important to me.

Here's to living a simpler life!

3 comments:

  1. you are a champion if you can live minimally. i have too much stuff, i know, but i can't part with it. i think i have hoarding tendencies. or i am just emotionally attached to things. either way...problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an interesting goal. I would personally have to work hard to achieve that, as I have a lot of stuff as like Linds I tend to keep a lot of stuff, but it would be great to be at a point where one's necessities are extremely mobile and simplified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, Lindsay and Ryan! I think this will be a lifelong process. :)

    ReplyDelete