Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

This past spring break, I had the chance to take a road trip to NYC with my traveling buddies, Bill and Dan. Whilst there, we visited Ground Zero. What an experience. Between visiting the museums, and listening to and viewing the stories, it was a bit overwhelming. Especially to see the remaining artifacts from the victims. A wallet here, a piece clothing there, it was surreal. I didn't think it would be appropriate to have a picture of myself smiling at such a somber location. This was one of the times in my life where I felt small. It was hard to imagine that I was standing where thousands had perished, and that the two giant waterfall base structures were where the Towers once stood. I'm not sure if I would ever visit there again, but one thing kept being repeated in lower Manhattan: "In darkness we shine the brightest."




No comments:

Post a Comment